Today OnePlus brand has rolled out next phase of OxygenOS Beta update for OnePlus 3 and 3T mobiles. This latest beta update will hit OnePlus 3 and 3T as Open Beta 20 and Open Beta 11. As usual the company has shared the detailed changelog at official forum page. As notified in the release notes, the new firmware update will focus on optimization and bug fixes.
Here are the list of optimizations for OnePlus 3 and 3T:
- Battery saver mode will be prompted with notification, instead of showing orange status bar
- Data usage calculation technique has been tweaked
- Tuned tracking function and expanded screenshot feature
- Now you can take screenshot while watching videos and gifs. Note this is in experimental stage so there may be a bug within this feature.
- Weather widget visual effects have been enhanced.
Some of bug fixes that rolled out with this update are:
- Fixed third party app crashing issues
- Falsely showed Bluetooth device battery status for non-supported devices has been fixed
- Fix for unable to retrieve forecast data in weather app
The above are the optimizations and bug fixes that come in the software bundle. Existing beta participants will receive this update automatically via OTA. New or willing to join in open beta program need to download and flash the ROM on their devices.