Verizon wireless has released a software update for their Samsung galaxy s6 and s6 edge users. The carrier has already rolled out this firmware update in USA. The major feature in this update is Wifi calling and HD voice for s6/s6 edge mobiles. It brings the software version MMB29K.G920VVRU4CPH1 (galaxy s6) and MMB29K.G925VVRU4CPH1 (galaxy s6 edge). They have also enclosed the detailed changelog for s6 and s6 edge at support page.
The features included within this software update are:
- Fewer dropped WiFi voice calls
- If the user makes video calls via cellular network they will get pop-up reminder notification
- The users can make only HD voice calls through 4G LTE network
- Enhanced HD Voice Call volume
- Registration for Voice over WiFi calling through roaming will be available
It will also optimize the performance, update latest security patches and bug fixes. The carrier is rolling out this update through OTA update for s6/s6 edge users. It will reach your device as per the schedule, if you want to check for manual update go to Settings > About Device > Software updates.